(A Division of Gastroenterology Associates)
At Blue Ridge Medical Research, our goal is to provide enhanced treatments for patients who may not get adequate relief from their current medical regimen. New therapeutic possibilities are now available to you through the clinical research of innovative medications and treatments.
Our studies are conducted under the excellent care of trained physicians, nurses, and research staff, as well as monitored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and its affiliates. Many people have chosen to participate in these various trials, not only to benefit themselves, but also to help other patients in the future.
SOME BENEFITS TO THOSE WHO PARTICIPATE
- An opportunity to learn more about your condition, as well as varied treatment options that might be available
- Personalized attention from caring and professional staff
- Access to medical attention at no cost to you, which often includes, but may not be limited to:
- Physical exams
- Lab work
- Study medications at no cost
- Compensation for time and effort to participate
- Possible improvement in the symptoms related to your medical condition
- The opportunity to make new medications and treatments available in the future for yourself and others
At Blue Ridge Medical Research, our commitment is to remain at the forefront of new discoveries in our field and to provide an excellent standard of care.
Our research is conducted within Gastroenterology Associates of Central Virginia, which offers the professional expertise of 8 physicians and 6 nurse practitioners. At Gastroenterology Associates we believe in providing opportunities for enhanced treatment through research trials. Blue Ridge Medical Research has been established for this purpose.
We conduct research studies for the following conditions:
- Chronic Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea
- GERD (heartburn/reflux)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Ischemic Colitis)
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Ulcerative Proctitis
Please call today for a list of current studies and to see if you might qualify. Contact Heather or Scarlet at 434-455-8670 or 434-455-8659.